Whenever you begin a project, you want to be absolutely sure you know what you are doing so that you do not ruin anything. The same is true when you deal with water damage in your Augusta home. It may seem self-explanatory to clean up the water, but there are a few things you should pay attention to. These things include: understanding what type you are dealing with, and what you should look for when looking for professionals. From the experts at Southeast Restoration Group in Augusta, here are the different categories of water damage:
- Category 1: water that escapes from a clean and sanitary source such as faucets, toilet tanks, drinking fountains, etc. Personal belongings and flooring in your home can usually be taken care of fairly quickly and without a lot of pain, but if you do not contact the professionals as soon as you find it, it can turn into category two and get much worse.
- Category 2: this type of water damage is known as grey water. This is water contaminated with chemical, physical, or biological elements or water that travels through another material such as insulation, drywall, etc. that may cause illness. Sources include dishwasher or washing machine overflows. This type requires additional cleaning and decontamination steps be taken to prevent illness. These types of water damage can become scary extremely fast, and so being sure what it is and how to take care of it will go a long way.
- Category 3: this is water that contains significant pathogens and is grossly unsanitary. It could cause severe illness or death if ingested.A common name for this type of water damage is “black water.” Category 3 water includes sewer backups, flooding from rivers or streams, toilet overflows, or stagnant liquid that has begun to support bacterial growth. This is the worst kind of water because it can be extremely dangerous to your health.
Understanding what type you are dealing with will ensure you are prepared. After understanding your problem, the next important thing to do is to contact professional help.However, it is important to know what to look for in a professional team. Here are a few things that you should be assured:
- Top notch customer service. The last thing you want is to find yourself arguing with a team about what should be done, while watching the water damage get worse.
- Experienced, certified, hardworking professionals dedicated to helping you.
- Industry standard procedures and equipment
- Fast and reliable 24/7 emergency service. This will give you peace of mind, knowing you can call any time, day or night.
- Comfort in knowing that you will be taken care of right the first time
Water Damage Restoration In Augusta
Understanding how to handle your problems, and knowing what to look for in a professional restoration team is a great way to be prepared for any sort of problem. Make sure to be ahead of the game, and for any questions you have, be sure to contact Southeast Restoration Group in Augusta.